We live in a fast moving age...true, however that doesn't mean to say that tradition does not have a place in social marketing. Let's have a look at busting some of the myths about tradition and social media...
- Tradition does not mean keep doing what you have always done....it means doing it with the same values but in different ways.
- Tradition does not mean holding on to the past ...it means modernising the tradition to fit with the current environment.
- Tradition does not mean long term survival...it means you have a strong base from which to build towards future success.
- Tradition does not mean history, it means consistency of purpose, consistency of values and consistency of holding yourself to account for both of those things.
- Tradition does not shun the new....it embraces the new.
- Tradition does not belong to the old and social marketing to the young.....both have a role to play across the generations.
Social marketing should never mean changing your traditional values, it just allows an easier way of expressing those values.